This conference aims to stimulate reflection on the challenges posed to S&T indicator development and use in geographical, cognitive or social spaces that are peripheral or marginal to the centres of economic, scientific or technological activity. The focus is also on emerging areas of research and innovation that are inadequately described by existing, quantitative or qualitative indicators.
The conference will consider papers on a broad variety of topics, with a strong focus on those related to its general theme of “Peripheries, frontiers and beyond”. These include but are not limited to:
- Data infrastructure for research metrics
- Social media and alternative metrics
- Visualisation for policy and evaluation
- How do indicators shape research agendas?
- Evaluation of mission-oriented research
- Science participation and communication
- Inclusive innovation and grassroots innovation
- Indicators for sustainable development in socio-economic transitions.
- Economic regions in transition
- Gender and gendered research and innovation
- International benchmarking of innovation: challenges and adequacy
- Innovation, creativity and culture
Deadline for paper submissions is March 14, 2016.
More information at http://www.sti2016.org/